Skip to main content

What's happenin'

Last week was our second full week in Laramie and it was busier than the week before (which was good). I finally am getting the feeling of "home" here. At first I think my mind was feeling weird because whenever we would come to Laramie in the past it was only for a short trip but we're here to stay, for awhile at least (if you ask Mom Fox we can't leave till next Christmas, haha.) :) I think my mind is finally accepting this is a permanent stay for now.

Last week I finally got an interview after applying to ten or so jobs (WOO!). I had an interview at H&R Block Friday morning and didn't end up getting the position. Bummer. BUT its gonna be ok. I was super disappointed Saturday night after finding out I wasn't picked but it was such a blessing just to get an interview and I received so many tender mercies throughout the week that I'm really grateful for the experience. I've got a couple leads for jobs this week so we'll see how things go. :) I'm optimistic!

Kevin's been in school for two weeks and has been sick for about a week and a half of that time. Poor guy, he just can't get better. I'm praying that this week he feels like his normal self and can get in the hours of school he really wants to. Just twelve weeks and he won't ever have homework again! He's really enjoyed being in Laramie so far though. He loves having time with Mom and Dad Fox and loves that he gets to play volleyball and basketball two days a week with Robert. He's also gotten to take Lizzie out to her horse a few times since being here and I love seeing the proud look in his eye watching his little sister. :)

We (Mom, Dad, Robert, Lizzie, Kevin, Me) all sat down together last Monday and made a plan for meals, cleaning and just overall responsibilities while Kevin and I are here. I don't know why but meetings like that just make me excited. :) Haha. I'm not the best cook but knowing that I have specific responsibilities has helped me transition into the "we're staying here awhile" mind set. We are beyond grateful for our family and all they do for us, EVERY SINGLE DAY. I know that having us here totally changes the dynamic and I am so grateful for the love we've felt so far. We are so blessed with the greatest family EVER.

This past Saturday Dad Fox, Mom Fox, Kevin, Lizzie and I all went over to Riverton for the day for Brayden's birthday. It was so much fun to see them all! Adlee has changed so much since I last saw her in October. All the kids are growing up way to fast, my Aunt heart can't handle it! :)

Brayden was so happy with the present Grandma and Grandpa brought him. Look at that face! SO cute. Haha! :) 

As we got into Riverton it was SUPER foggy which of course made for some AMAZING frosted trees! It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. 

Church on Sunday was great. I'm feeling more comfortable there each week. Since Laramie is a University town there are quite a few new couples moving as well so we're not alone. :) Relief Society with Mom Fox is the best and the lesson yesterday was fantastic. It was centered around a conference talk "There is Power in the Book" by LeGrand R. Curtis. "The greatest power of the Book of Mormon is its impact in bringing us closer to Jesus Christ." I was sitting next to a sweet lady named Gabby who was baptized just a short time ago. It was really sweet to hear her testimony about the church and the Book of Mormon and how much her life has changed because of them. Definitely a sweet Sunday. :)

Here are some other random pictures to sum up last weekend...

Man this lady. I can't even express how much fun we have together. She's fabulous. :) 

Robert's girlfriend Emilee came back to Laramie after being in her hometown for the 6 week Christmas break (Robert was able to visit once). She's super awesome so everyone was excited to get to see her again (and Robert is A LOT happier with his lovely lady back in town.) :) 

This is embarrassing to post but I do not want to forget this momentous achievement. Mom Fox has got me hooked on a wheel of fortune game on my phone. I got a sweet multiplier for my very last spin and it made my score SO HIGH! I don't think it will ever happen again so I had to document it...even if it shows how nerdy I am. :)

I found this sweet cup when I was at Walmart the other day and it was screaming my name...SELFIE TIME!! I told myself after I get a job I can go back and buy it. :) 

Like I already said, we're getting more adjusted to living in Laramie everyday and having a great time. Its been a really fun couple weeks (minus everyone being sick). I'm excited for another week of learning and growing. Its gonna be a good one!

-Holly-

Comments

  1. I still can't believe you ended up with that score!!! That is crazy! I hope Kevin finally feels better. :( I'm so glad you're adjusting so well! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall time in the Burg

Our church building is right below the Rexburg Temple. A few weeks ago when we got out of church I looked up at the temple and saw all the gorgeous fall colors on the trees and bushes surrounding the temple. I told Kevin we HAD to go up and take pictures. We went home, changed and headed back up to the temple. We walked all around and I couldn't stop snapping picture after picture of the fall leaves! I decided that fall is my favorite season in Rexburg. It is just SO pretty. Our nice little Sunday stroll definitely helped remind of how blessed we all are to be on this amazing earth that was created for us!  Kevin pointed out this strange plant and was like, "Don't you want a picture of this?" Haha. So naturally I had to snap a quick picture. I love the temple! I am so grateful we live to close to it. Such a blessing!  I'm grateful for days and moments like this where I'm reminded how ble...

Fat Biking

Kevin didn't have class yesterday since it was a holiday and no one else on the maintenance crew was going to work so Kevin decided to take the day off as well. I decided to close my office for the day so we could spend some time together. (best decision EVER!) We had a REALLY fun active day. In the morning Kevin played basketball while I walked around the I-center track with my friend Janae. We were there for about an hour and a half so we both got some pretty good exercise. We lounged around for a couple hours after that and then around 2:30 we headed to go fat biking with a couple we've become really good friends with in our ward. I had seen the fat bikes at the ORC before but never thought I would ride one. They look like regular bikes except they have ginormous tires instead of little tires. The bikes are used to ride in the snow, sand, and anywhere else you want to but they make riding in snow a lot easier (and more fun). Here is a picture while we were waiting at...

Time for something new

The past few weeks have been interesting. I've been worrying more and felt overwhelmed about Kevin's schooling, finding jobs, being a burden to family, trying to decide where we really need to be right now, everything just felt like it was closing in on me. Kevin applied to a job at Best Buy and made it through the first and second interviews. We made the decision that if he didn't get the job we would move back to Laramie. Friday, December 16th, as we were driving an Elder down to Des Moines, we found out that Kevin did not get the job. In a moment that could have very well been so sad, discouraging and stressful all I felt was peace. My heart was so sad thinking about leaving Mason City but my shoulders and body felt like a weight had been lifted from them. I knew we needed to go to Laramie. So, we're moving to Laramie after Christmas! I've cried at least twice a day since Friday (I'm just a constant bawl baby these days!) My heart and mind are on a cons...