Skip to main content

Last Christmas Post I promise: Laramie...end of vacation and the start of reality

We spent the time in Laramie eating food, hanging out, watching movies and just spending time together. I was on the couch or in bed for the first two days we were there and finally by Friday I felt well enough to get up and move around like normal. It was a great week spent with family. :)

I can't even handle these two. It just melts my heart instantly seeing them together. 
Mom and Dad Fox's tree out front looked SO COOL with the snow and lights!

It was SO cold outside but the kids still wanted to go out and of course Uncle Kevin went right outside with them. :)
Grandma Fox is the coolest and bought them all light sabers. I don't know who was more excited, the kids or Kevin. Haha. :)
Kiera was OBSESSED with Charlie. It was hilarious.
Kevin and his little buddy Jackson. :)
Sweet sisters playing the piano together..
Kiera was starting to feel sick and Jackson fell asleep on me just sitting there. Poor sick and tired kids!

My puffy teary eyes after a heart to heart see ya later (we don't do goodbyes) to my sista. This was before I knew Mom Fox and I were going to help drive Anna and Andrew back to Mason City. 

One final light saber war before we all left..

Favorite part of the following light saber pictures: Kiera. HAHAHAHA. She looked so funny holding the light saber! 

I love my sweet little best friend. :)

All in all it was a wonderful Christmas break (minus all the sickness which we are still passing around! Poor Mom Fox and Kevin are not feeling well! :( ) I loved the time we got with family. I loved the time I got to visit friends and I loved the chance I got to visit Mason City spontaneously (even if it was just for an hour!) It felt good to get back to Laramie Monday night and get more settled in this week. I started applying to jobs last week so hopefully something comes from that! Fingers crossed. 

I feel peace in my heart that this is going to be a wonderful year. I'm grateful for the blessings and experiences 2016 brought and am excited for a new year of new adventures! Bring it on 2017! 

-Holly-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall time in the Burg

Our church building is right below the Rexburg Temple. A few weeks ago when we got out of church I looked up at the temple and saw all the gorgeous fall colors on the trees and bushes surrounding the temple. I told Kevin we HAD to go up and take pictures. We went home, changed and headed back up to the temple. We walked all around and I couldn't stop snapping picture after picture of the fall leaves! I decided that fall is my favorite season in Rexburg. It is just SO pretty. Our nice little Sunday stroll definitely helped remind of how blessed we all are to be on this amazing earth that was created for us!  Kevin pointed out this strange plant and was like, "Don't you want a picture of this?" Haha. So naturally I had to snap a quick picture. I love the temple! I am so grateful we live to close to it. Such a blessing!  I'm grateful for days and moments like this where I'm reminded how ble...

Fat Biking

Kevin didn't have class yesterday since it was a holiday and no one else on the maintenance crew was going to work so Kevin decided to take the day off as well. I decided to close my office for the day so we could spend some time together. (best decision EVER!) We had a REALLY fun active day. In the morning Kevin played basketball while I walked around the I-center track with my friend Janae. We were there for about an hour and a half so we both got some pretty good exercise. We lounged around for a couple hours after that and then around 2:30 we headed to go fat biking with a couple we've become really good friends with in our ward. I had seen the fat bikes at the ORC before but never thought I would ride one. They look like regular bikes except they have ginormous tires instead of little tires. The bikes are used to ride in the snow, sand, and anywhere else you want to but they make riding in snow a lot easier (and more fun). Here is a picture while we were waiting at...

Time for something new

The past few weeks have been interesting. I've been worrying more and felt overwhelmed about Kevin's schooling, finding jobs, being a burden to family, trying to decide where we really need to be right now, everything just felt like it was closing in on me. Kevin applied to a job at Best Buy and made it through the first and second interviews. We made the decision that if he didn't get the job we would move back to Laramie. Friday, December 16th, as we were driving an Elder down to Des Moines, we found out that Kevin did not get the job. In a moment that could have very well been so sad, discouraging and stressful all I felt was peace. My heart was so sad thinking about leaving Mason City but my shoulders and body felt like a weight had been lifted from them. I knew we needed to go to Laramie. So, we're moving to Laramie after Christmas! I've cried at least twice a day since Friday (I'm just a constant bawl baby these days!) My heart and mind are on a cons...