A couple weekends ago I went down to Blackfoot so Mom and Dad could help me can some potatoes Kevin and I got from Grandma and Grandpa Jensen and to dry some apples we got as well. Kevin had homework to do so I just went down by myself.
I got down there Friday night and we canned 7 bottles before we went to bed and put in two pans filled with apple slices. It was SO much fun. Being the baby in the family I feel like I got a lot of alone time with parents and I forgot how fun it was so get to have that one on one time with them.
Saturday morning we went to Ivy's baptism. I hadn't been to a baptism in a long time. There was such a sweet spirit there and I am so glad I got to go.
After the baptism I went with Mom and helped her at a booth at a fall carnival the school was putting together. I ended up getting to see a good friend that just came home from her mission and got to catch up with her which was wonderful! While Mom and I were at the carnival Dad stayed home and canned 7 more bottles of potatoes. He's amazing.
After mom and I got home we canned ANOTHER 7 bottles of potatoes! We were in potato heaven! Haha:) Thank goodness Mom and Dad knew what they were doing cause I was COMPLETELY clueless! Haha. I'm so grateful they were willing to spend their weekend helping me can and teaching me more about canning.
I loved getting to spend time that time with them. They are so dang adorable!
![]() |
| hahahahaha. Mom's cup holder while she was sitting on the couch. She is SO funny! |
![]() |
| Beautiful! All 21 of them sealed! |
![]() |
| It was a lot of fun getting to learn more about canning. Mom and Dad taught me a lot! |
![]() |
| Their cute front porch. Mama is so good at decorating it every fall with their garden things! |
![]() |
| Tender! Sniff Sniff! :) |
![]() |
| Oooook...thats enough... ;) |
![]() |
| Love these two people so dang much! |
It was a quick but fun weekend. I'm so blessed to have the amazing parents that I do. They are great examples and blessings to all their kids. Love you Mom and Dad!
Until next time...
Holly :)









We loved every minute of it! Come again SOON! :)
ReplyDeleteHa Ha I love the cup holder. Now we just need a picture with mom sitting next to it with her prescription sunglasses on watching a movie. :)
ReplyDelete