Skip to main content

Christmas with the Lymans

This year for Christmas we were with my side of the family. Its always fun getting to spend holidays together with family.

***PICTURE OVERLOAD IN THIS POST***

Danny, Melissa, their kids, Shawnii, Kevin and I were all able to be home at my parents house this year. We missed Arianna, Andrew and their kids sooooo much but it was still fun to be together. I loved how my mom decorated and was so excited to get to see all her beautiful nativities set up all over the house.
Christmas Eve we had breakfast for dinner and were able to have Grandma McNeel with us for a few hours that afternoon/evening. I love getting to spend time with her. Its sad watching her Alzheimer's get worse but she is still the sweetest grandma ever. She loves Kevin and always flirts with him when we come around. It is so funny! :)

I love seeing Kevin interact with my Grandma McNeel. He is always so sweet with her and their conversations always end in her saying, "Man you sure are a tall glass of water!" I always have to remind her he is already taken! ;)
Christmas Eve night Kevin and I went out and spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa Jensen. David and Christy and their kids showed up while we were there and it was fun to be able to visit with them. It had been snowing when we got there and snowed most of the time we visited so by the time we left the roads were pretty snowy. We were able to make it home safe though.

I was so excited that it was a white christmas though! The snow looked beautiful when we woke up Christmas morning.

We waited for Danny and Melissa to come over with their little ones and then we opened gifts. Christmas is so much fun with little kids. They make everything so magical! Little Meg (2) would open and gift and say in the sweetest little voice "I love it! I love it! Its so cute!". It was absolutely adorable.  Ava (4) was so good with Meg and always acted to excited with her. Their little personalities were so fun to watch as they opened each of their presents.


    
Kevin was super excited about his justin bieber tooth brush in his stocking! ;)
I love this man SO stinkin much!! This was our 3rd Christmas together as man and wife. I'm so grateful for him every single day. 
My cute foxy socks from my awesome Mother-in-law! :)
We relaxed the rest of the afternoon and then headed out for some snowball fights and sledding. It was SO much fun. Shawnii, Danny, Ava, Kevin and I all went over to the Junior High and sledded for a little while. Ava had so much fun and even liked going down by herself. We slid down the hill and rolled in the snow for a bit until we all couldn't feel our noses and toes anymore. Then we headed home. We skyped with Anna and Andrew for a while and then just watched movies and took naps.
Mom has to use her prescription sunglasses to watch tv sometimes when she doesn't have her other glasses and we always giggle about it. I couldn't help but take this picture...is mom sleeping or watching the movie...we'll never know! Haha Love you mama! ;)
It was such a fun relaxing Christmas. Kevin and I loved getting to snuggle and play with our little nieces and nephews.  Their cute smiles and snuggles melted our hearts and their adorable personalities were so fun to see. There was never a dull moment when they were there!

I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and this time of year we are given to remember him even more. I love my family and am so grateful for their amazing examples of service and love. I'm sad this holiday season is coming to an end by truly hope I can keep this spirit of Christmas in my heart and home throughout all the next year!


Until next time...

Holly :)

Comments

  1. I LOVED the pictures and stories!! Thank you for sharing! Wish we could have been there too! We had so much fun skyping throughout the week with you guys. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall time in the Burg

Our church building is right below the Rexburg Temple. A few weeks ago when we got out of church I looked up at the temple and saw all the gorgeous fall colors on the trees and bushes surrounding the temple. I told Kevin we HAD to go up and take pictures. We went home, changed and headed back up to the temple. We walked all around and I couldn't stop snapping picture after picture of the fall leaves! I decided that fall is my favorite season in Rexburg. It is just SO pretty. Our nice little Sunday stroll definitely helped remind of how blessed we all are to be on this amazing earth that was created for us!  Kevin pointed out this strange plant and was like, "Don't you want a picture of this?" Haha. So naturally I had to snap a quick picture. I love the temple! I am so grateful we live to close to it. Such a blessing!  I'm grateful for days and moments like this where I'm reminded how ble...

Fat Biking

Kevin didn't have class yesterday since it was a holiday and no one else on the maintenance crew was going to work so Kevin decided to take the day off as well. I decided to close my office for the day so we could spend some time together. (best decision EVER!) We had a REALLY fun active day. In the morning Kevin played basketball while I walked around the I-center track with my friend Janae. We were there for about an hour and a half so we both got some pretty good exercise. We lounged around for a couple hours after that and then around 2:30 we headed to go fat biking with a couple we've become really good friends with in our ward. I had seen the fat bikes at the ORC before but never thought I would ride one. They look like regular bikes except they have ginormous tires instead of little tires. The bikes are used to ride in the snow, sand, and anywhere else you want to but they make riding in snow a lot easier (and more fun). Here is a picture while we were waiting at...

Time for something new

The past few weeks have been interesting. I've been worrying more and felt overwhelmed about Kevin's schooling, finding jobs, being a burden to family, trying to decide where we really need to be right now, everything just felt like it was closing in on me. Kevin applied to a job at Best Buy and made it through the first and second interviews. We made the decision that if he didn't get the job we would move back to Laramie. Friday, December 16th, as we were driving an Elder down to Des Moines, we found out that Kevin did not get the job. In a moment that could have very well been so sad, discouraging and stressful all I felt was peace. My heart was so sad thinking about leaving Mason City but my shoulders and body felt like a weight had been lifted from them. I knew we needed to go to Laramie. So, we're moving to Laramie after Christmas! I've cried at least twice a day since Friday (I'm just a constant bawl baby these days!) My heart and mind are on a cons...