Skip to main content

Birthday Awesomeness! Hello 23!

Last year and this year my birthday fell on check-outs for BYU-Idaho housing. Haha. I told Kevin that this semester I always associated December 20th with check-outs and kept forgetting it was my birthday too. :) Even though it was a busy day of check-outs it was still an AMAZING day.

I wore my ugly sweater and red skinny jeans so I could feel extra festive! :) Kevin got me beautiful flowers and I got so many phone calls, texts, and Facebook happy birthday wishes. Kevin's family was in town for Katherine's graduation so it was fun getting to be with them. I had to work from Noon to 6 pm on my birthday but decided to put off a few check-out items that could wait till Monday so I could enjoy my birthday night.

My Fox family took me out to Texas Roadhouse that night to celebrate. I ordered steak and potatoes and stuffed myself with salad and rolls the whole night. I was STUFFED by the end. Of course if anyone has been to Texas Roadhouse they have probably witnessed the birthday yee-haw...yep my family made me climb up on the saddle and everyone yee-hawed! :) I was honestly dreading it but in the moment it was really fun :) I love my Fox family so much and was happy I got to spend the evening with them.

The Tuesday after my birthday I headed down to Blackfoot. Kevin came later that night and we had a delicious dinner and super yummy cake. My family always makes birthdays so much fun. We spent the evening visiting and having fun. I loved getting to spend time with my parents, siblings, and nieces and nephew.

Later that night Kevin and I went into Wal-Mart at like 1 am to pick up a couple things. We got to visit my dad as well so it was a lot of fun. Kevin wanted to get me a rose gold watch for my birthday but wanted me to pick it out so thats why we headed to Wal-Mart. I ended up finding a really pretty watch for a super good price.

I was definitely spoiled for by birthday this year!

It still feels weird to be 23. I don't know why but this birthday I really feel older. Haha. I kept telling Kevin "I'm gonna be 30 in 7 years! Holy smokes!" :) I'm pretty positive though that this next year will be even more awesome than 22 was. Here is to another year older (and maybe wiser) too! :)

Until Next Time...

Holly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall time in the Burg

Our church building is right below the Rexburg Temple. A few weeks ago when we got out of church I looked up at the temple and saw all the gorgeous fall colors on the trees and bushes surrounding the temple. I told Kevin we HAD to go up and take pictures. We went home, changed and headed back up to the temple. We walked all around and I couldn't stop snapping picture after picture of the fall leaves! I decided that fall is my favorite season in Rexburg. It is just SO pretty. Our nice little Sunday stroll definitely helped remind of how blessed we all are to be on this amazing earth that was created for us!  Kevin pointed out this strange plant and was like, "Don't you want a picture of this?" Haha. So naturally I had to snap a quick picture. I love the temple! I am so grateful we live to close to it. Such a blessing!  I'm grateful for days and moments like this where I'm reminded how ble...

Fat Biking

Kevin didn't have class yesterday since it was a holiday and no one else on the maintenance crew was going to work so Kevin decided to take the day off as well. I decided to close my office for the day so we could spend some time together. (best decision EVER!) We had a REALLY fun active day. In the morning Kevin played basketball while I walked around the I-center track with my friend Janae. We were there for about an hour and a half so we both got some pretty good exercise. We lounged around for a couple hours after that and then around 2:30 we headed to go fat biking with a couple we've become really good friends with in our ward. I had seen the fat bikes at the ORC before but never thought I would ride one. They look like regular bikes except they have ginormous tires instead of little tires. The bikes are used to ride in the snow, sand, and anywhere else you want to but they make riding in snow a lot easier (and more fun). Here is a picture while we were waiting at...

Time for something new

The past few weeks have been interesting. I've been worrying more and felt overwhelmed about Kevin's schooling, finding jobs, being a burden to family, trying to decide where we really need to be right now, everything just felt like it was closing in on me. Kevin applied to a job at Best Buy and made it through the first and second interviews. We made the decision that if he didn't get the job we would move back to Laramie. Friday, December 16th, as we were driving an Elder down to Des Moines, we found out that Kevin did not get the job. In a moment that could have very well been so sad, discouraging and stressful all I felt was peace. My heart was so sad thinking about leaving Mason City but my shoulders and body felt like a weight had been lifted from them. I knew we needed to go to Laramie. So, we're moving to Laramie after Christmas! I've cried at least twice a day since Friday (I'm just a constant bawl baby these days!) My heart and mind are on a cons...