If you were to ask my sexy husband Kevin what I'm addicted to he would say three things:
3. Keeping Up With The Kardashians (my guilty pleasure)
2. Nutella
1. Blogs
I'm not quite sure exactly why I became so obsessed with blogs. Thinking back it all started when I came across a few sad blogs about mothers that had lost their child. I would spend hours reading through posts that these amazing strong women would post about over coming this horrible tragedy in their life. After a while I decided to see what other blogs I could find (pinterest was a big help). I came across photographers, thrifters, missionary girlfriends, stay at home mamas, and all other sorts of blogs. I was fascinated by the different lives I was reading about. Kevin would always make fun of me as I stared wide eyed reading different posts from women all over the world. Sometimes I felt like a weirdo reading stories from women I had never met in my life.
After awhile of following a few specific blogs I found myself comparing my own life to the lives of these women. Some days I would get so sad thinking how little I had accomplished compared to them. I'm not an amazing photographer, crafter, or cook. I'm just plain old Holly. I wished that I could have the confidence and creativity that all these women were emanating. I wanted to blog. I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings through writing and pictures. Finally one day I realized I could.
Even though I'm not a professional photographer, writer, or chef I can blog. I can write my feelings down and share pictures of whats happening in my life. I don't need a million people following me watching my every move. This blog can become my journal in a way. Recording my memories of my day to day life as a wife to my incredible husband. It may not be the most entertaining blog out there but it will be mine. I know I'll have at least one person following me ( thanks mom, you da best :P ). As any good blog would end here is a picture to close this first post (hopefully not the last).
3. Keeping Up With The Kardashians (my guilty pleasure)
2. Nutella
1. Blogs
I'm not quite sure exactly why I became so obsessed with blogs. Thinking back it all started when I came across a few sad blogs about mothers that had lost their child. I would spend hours reading through posts that these amazing strong women would post about over coming this horrible tragedy in their life. After a while I decided to see what other blogs I could find (pinterest was a big help). I came across photographers, thrifters, missionary girlfriends, stay at home mamas, and all other sorts of blogs. I was fascinated by the different lives I was reading about. Kevin would always make fun of me as I stared wide eyed reading different posts from women all over the world. Sometimes I felt like a weirdo reading stories from women I had never met in my life.
After awhile of following a few specific blogs I found myself comparing my own life to the lives of these women. Some days I would get so sad thinking how little I had accomplished compared to them. I'm not an amazing photographer, crafter, or cook. I'm just plain old Holly. I wished that I could have the confidence and creativity that all these women were emanating. I wanted to blog. I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings through writing and pictures. Finally one day I realized I could.
Even though I'm not a professional photographer, writer, or chef I can blog. I can write my feelings down and share pictures of whats happening in my life. I don't need a million people following me watching my every move. This blog can become my journal in a way. Recording my memories of my day to day life as a wife to my incredible husband. It may not be the most entertaining blog out there but it will be mine. I know I'll have at least one person following me ( thanks mom, you da best :P ). As any good blog would end here is a picture to close this first post (hopefully not the last).
Until next time....
Comments
Post a Comment