The second weekend in March...5 days after we got back from Salt Lake...Mom and Dad Fox and I headed over to Vernal to spend the weekend with Katherine and Justin while they were visiting there.
Lucky for me Dad Fox got me a delicious shamrock shake to start the journey!
Random highlights from driving through Colorado I want to remember:
-Driving through Wycolo (town on the border of Wyoming and Colorado.)
-Driving through Steamboat (ski resort town that looks hidden then BAM you turn a corner and it looks like the north pole!)
We pulled into Vernal around 6 pm. The kids were swimming at the hotel so we just sat and chatted while they swam. Mom and Dad I ran to KMART for some quick shopping and then had Cafe Rio for dinner. After we were back at the hotel Katherine and I went and sat in the hot tub for almost an hour just talking. It was so fun to have some girl talk.
Saturday morning I watched the kids at the hotel while everyone else (Katherine, Justine, Mom, Dad and Justin's parents) went out to do some errands. It was fun to have some time with the kids. We watched Moana and Trolls with popcorn and crackers for a snack. Then we ate lunch and before the second move was over everyone was back. Mom and Dad took me out for lunch and then for a SLURPEE!!! YEAAAAH!
(This kid. Oh my heck he melts my heart with every single little grin.)
(Brayden refused to take a picture with me. Haha...obviously I didn't take no for an answer...I'm such a mean Aunt. :) )
Once we got back to the hotel we all changed into PJ's and relaxed for a bit. Mom, Katherine and I then ran out to the lobby to get some hot chocolate. Mom and I got our hot chocolate and as Katherine went to fill her cup the water ran out. We were all laughing SO hard. The picture below perfectly interprets our feelings...
Sunday morning we sat around for a bit and then packed up to head home. In the middle of town there was this giant dinosaur and it was dressed up for easter. Mom and Dad stopped so I could get a picture with it. :)
(These two are the best! I absolutely positively lucked out in the in-law department.)
The drive home was great and it was fun to drive on roads I had never been before. We caravanned with Justin and Katherine to Rock Springs where we stopped for lunch and then went our separate ways home.
Another weekend of traveling was wonderful. I was able to see three more nieces and two more nephews! We got back to Wyoming Sunday afternoon. We had a couple days to relax before our next adventure began...
-Holly
Comments
Post a Comment