Skip to main content

Cute Hats and Cinnamon Ornaments

I decided to do a little craft with Kayleen while Jackson and Anna were gone to preschool one day this week. I let Kayleen pick a craft from my Christmas board on Pinterest. :) She picked a cotton ball winter hat garland. 

I cut out some hat shapes in colors she picked and then she glued the cotton balls on and decorated each hat. She was so cute about them. She picked a hat out for each person in her family (she included Kevin and I since we live in their house. :) She asked me to decorate a couple hats and I helped put the glue down but other than that she did everything. 
I taped the hats to a long piece of yarn and we hung it up in their toy room. The kids have loved having it in there. :)
-----
Anna wanted to make some cinnamon ornaments to put with her gifts to friends this year so that's what we spent our Wednesday morning doing. It was so fun!
Messy hands. :) (I had Kayleen take this picture of my hands and it was hilarious trying to explain what I wanted her to do.)
After the ward Christmas party we came home and finished everything. We put one to two ornaments with each of these cute kitchen towels that my amazing, wonderful, fabulous, incredible Mama Lyman made. YOU ARE AMAZING MAMA!
Such a fun time spent with my sister! The house smelled amazing all day and I only broke two ornaments by the end of the night...I was pretty proud. :) 
-----
Hopefully I get to do a few more Christmas crafts over the next couple weeks before December is over. They are definitely my favorite, especially when I get to do them with family and friends. :)

-Holly-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall time in the Burg

Our church building is right below the Rexburg Temple. A few weeks ago when we got out of church I looked up at the temple and saw all the gorgeous fall colors on the trees and bushes surrounding the temple. I told Kevin we HAD to go up and take pictures. We went home, changed and headed back up to the temple. We walked all around and I couldn't stop snapping picture after picture of the fall leaves! I decided that fall is my favorite season in Rexburg. It is just SO pretty. Our nice little Sunday stroll definitely helped remind of how blessed we all are to be on this amazing earth that was created for us!  Kevin pointed out this strange plant and was like, "Don't you want a picture of this?" Haha. So naturally I had to snap a quick picture. I love the temple! I am so grateful we live to close to it. Such a blessing!  I'm grateful for days and moments like this where I'm reminded how ble...

Fat Biking

Kevin didn't have class yesterday since it was a holiday and no one else on the maintenance crew was going to work so Kevin decided to take the day off as well. I decided to close my office for the day so we could spend some time together. (best decision EVER!) We had a REALLY fun active day. In the morning Kevin played basketball while I walked around the I-center track with my friend Janae. We were there for about an hour and a half so we both got some pretty good exercise. We lounged around for a couple hours after that and then around 2:30 we headed to go fat biking with a couple we've become really good friends with in our ward. I had seen the fat bikes at the ORC before but never thought I would ride one. They look like regular bikes except they have ginormous tires instead of little tires. The bikes are used to ride in the snow, sand, and anywhere else you want to but they make riding in snow a lot easier (and more fun). Here is a picture while we were waiting at...

Time for something new

The past few weeks have been interesting. I've been worrying more and felt overwhelmed about Kevin's schooling, finding jobs, being a burden to family, trying to decide where we really need to be right now, everything just felt like it was closing in on me. Kevin applied to a job at Best Buy and made it through the first and second interviews. We made the decision that if he didn't get the job we would move back to Laramie. Friday, December 16th, as we were driving an Elder down to Des Moines, we found out that Kevin did not get the job. In a moment that could have very well been so sad, discouraging and stressful all I felt was peace. My heart was so sad thinking about leaving Mason City but my shoulders and body felt like a weight had been lifted from them. I knew we needed to go to Laramie. So, we're moving to Laramie after Christmas! I've cried at least twice a day since Friday (I'm just a constant bawl baby these days!) My heart and mind are on a cons...