Skip to main content

little catch up-update...

Up-update...that's a word right?...well it is now!

Is it seriously already March? My goodness February flew by so dang fast for me. I feel like it didn't even happen! I was looking at my calendar this morning just to see what I have planned so far for March and in just a couple weeks I'll start to send out emails to my tenants for spring semester! So crazy. 

I'm really glad this semester has gone by quick. Winter semester usually drags on forever. Spring semester is my favorite semester. Normally there are fewer tenants and Kevin is not in school so we can party all semester long! :) 

The past few weeks we've stayed busy with work, school and hanging out with friends. We were able to help clean the temple a couple weeks ago with our ward and it was SO much fun. Its the third time Kevin and I have been able to since we've lived in Rexburg and we always have a great time. Its so fun being in the temple and so cool having the opportunity to clean it. 

This past Saturday we were able to attend the sealing of one of my friends from High School Rachel and her now husband Austin. I love going to sealings and hearing the words and being reminded of the covenants Kevin and I made to each other almost THREE years ago! Crazy. They are a beautiful couple and I am so excited for them as they start this new exciting time in their life. 

Yesterday for church we had a regional conference. We live right across the street from the Icenter so we decided to just go there for it. It was such a great meeting! It was broadcasted from Meridian. All three speakers were wonderful. I am really glad I was able to attend, I know my heart and mind needed to hear their words. The speakers were Elder Brent H Nielson of the seventy, Sister Neill F Marriot of the relief society presidency and Elder L. Tom Perry was the concluding speaker.  Each of  their talks really went together. They all focused on changing and becoming more like our Savior. Elder Nielson focused on being willing to change and really making that effort to be better in those areas in your life that you need to be. Sister Marriot focused on loving one another like the Savior and avoiding contention. Elder Perry talked a lot about traditions and basing them off of the Saviors life and his example. I really felt the spirit so strong through each one of the talks. I'm grateful that we had the opportunity to listen to the words of our leaders. 

In a couple weeks we have stake conference and I am SO excited. I love our stake presidency. We have been very blessed while living in Rexburg with amazing stake and ward leaders. I'm also super excited for general conference in about a month as well. Its just going to be a fabulous month! :) 

Life is going great right now and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who know what my heart needs and what experiences I need to grow to be better. 

Until next time...

Holly :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third Time's the Charm..Maybe...

Last week as I sat down to go through some emails I remembered this old blog and got sucked into reading through past posts. I smiled, cried and laughed as I read through my memories over the last 4 years. :) It was crazy to read through and think about how much has changed over the years and how much Kevin and I have experienced together in the 6 years we've been married. My last post was from March of last year after a visit to Iowa. I could kick myself for not keeping up with this blog because last year was packed full of some of the greatest and hardest experiences of my life. Highlights from over the past 18 months: -We had a graduation party in Idaho for Kevin April 2017 and he officially graduated the following July! It felt so good for him to finally be done. He worked SO HARD and overcame some major obstacles and set backs.  -After Kevin walked in April we did a big trip to Utah and Iowa with Shawnii after watching her graduate with her Masters in Communication Disor...

Mid-Week Happenings/Ramblings

This week has gone by sooo slow. I woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday. Rude. Anyways...Here's some random happenings/ramblings from the past week or so... Kevin is anti anything Christmas before Thanksgiving...I'm the complete opposite. We've compromised. I can listen to Christmas music but cant hang any decorations (my pinecone and snowflake garlands don't count) until the Monday before Thanksgiving. I can live with those stipulations.  We made a goal with our friend G to not eat out at all this week (we may or may not have an addiction to midnight runs to McDonalds). We've survived so far.  Last night we finally watched the movie, "The Fault in Our Stars". Holy hannah. Ugly face cry the whole time people. It was so sad but so worth it, minus the random f-bomb.  I attempted to make homemade french fries for dinner this week...oh deary...Lets just say I wont be using that particular recipe again...or attempting to make fries again a...

March Travels Part 3: Iowa

We were home in Wyoming Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday then Wednesday Mom. Dad and I left around 6:30 am for Denver to pick up Lizzie from the airport (she had been a school trip to New York for the 6 days before then).  After we picked up Lizzie we began our drive to...IOWA!!!!  We were all very happy to have Lizzie back! I was no longer the lone backseat rider. :) We stopped in Des Moines for some ice cream...it was the perfect pick me up for all of us. Mason City was just a couple more hours away!! We got to Mason City around 10 pm. The kids stayed up for us and it was the best getting their tight hugs when we walked in. Oh how I missed them!! Kayleen and Jackson asked me to lay down by them (just like old times when Kevin and I lived there). It was the perfect ending to the day! Thursday we all slept in (even the kids!). We spent the morning relaxing and then Mom, Lizzie, Anna, Kayleen, Jackson and I went out for some shopping. Mom bo...